Call for Entries for the Fourth China-Africa Video and Photo Competition
The Fourth China-Africa Video and Photo Competition, jointly sponsored by the Secretariat of the Chinese Follow-up Committee of the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation (FOCAC) and China International Communications Group (CICG), and organized by CICG Center for Europe and Africa (CICG Europe-Africa) has been launched on September 1.
With the theme of “New Journey, New Vision,” the competition is collecting short video, micro video or photo works from Chinese and African individuals and institutions which tell stories focusing on the cooperation between China and Africa in the fields of economic and trade relations, people-to-people and cultural exchanges, ecological governance, joint construction of the Belt and Road Initiative, and health cooperation including anti-pandemic efforts during the period since the 18th National Congress of the Communist Party of China held in 2012.
The competition is divided into three stages: collection of entries, evaluation and awards ceremony. After the competition, outstanding works will be promoted in the mainstream media and their social media accounts in China and Africa.
Information for Participants:
i. Schedule of the Competition
September 1 - November 30, 2022: Collection of Works
December 1 – December 15, 2022: Evaluation of Works
Late December 2022: Awards Ceremony
1. Micro videos, short videos, and photos: 1 first prize winner (3 in total), with a prize of 10,000 yuan each; 2 second prize winners (6 in total), with a prize of 5,000 yuan each; 3 third prize winners (9 in total), with a prize of 2,000 yuan each.
2. 12 Excellence Awards for both video (including micro videos and short videos) and photo works, with a prize of 1,000 yuan each.
3. 5 awards for the relevant participating groups or organizations for the organization of the event, with a prize of 2,000 yuan each.
iii. Entry Requirements
Micro videos (30 seconds to 1 minute) or
Short videos (1 minute to 5 minutes)
Format: preferably MP4
Photos or photo collections
Photos in a collection≤6
Micro videos can be shot in either horizontal or vertical format; short videos are preferred in horizontal format. The videos should be clean without corner labels, watermarks or logos. Subtitles in Arabic, Chinese, English or French should be provided, either built in or as separate files. Works with bilingual subtitles will be given preference. A description of the work in Arabic, Chinese, English or French should be provided.
Photo works should be clear, without corner labels, watermarks or logos; landscape mode is preferred. Computer synthesis processing is not allowed, but software can be used to adjust the size and color of the picture.
The entries should reflect real people and events. They should be positive and must not involve pornography, violence, and religious and racial discrimination and should not be used for advertisements.
iv. Entry Submission
Submit the relevant works to the email email@example.com, with “Country - Entrant’s Name - Work Name” in the email subject line.
The video works that meet the requirements can also be uploaded to a network drive and the link and password of the network drive can be sent by email. Baidu Netdisk is recommended in China and Google Drive is recommended in other countries.
Participants can also submit their entries through the online portals of partner organizations.
1. The submitted works must be created by the participating people (organizations) and have full copyright.
2. If any dispute arises with regard to copyright, trademark right, reputation right and any other legal rights and interests related to the work, the consequences and losses shall be borne by the people (organizations) submitting the entry.
3. The right of dissemination, exhibition, and publication of the submitted works belongs to the organizing committee of the competition. The organizer and relevant units have the right to promote, display and publicize the submitted works. The organizer will indicate the name of the entrant and other relevant information when using the submitted works. The people (organizations) submitting the entry agree to transfer the intellectual property rights of their works (except the right of attribution) to the organizer when they submit their works.
4. The final right of interpretation of this competition belongs to CICG.
vi. Selection Rules
The award-winning works of the competition shall be decided by the opinions of a jury and online voting. The jury is composed of the competition organizers, senior figures, experts and scholars, etc., and is responsible for the evaluation of the entries.
blog comments powered by