SOAS University of London, Language Centre
The school was founded in 1916 originally specialising in just Oriental Studies, however, by 1938 the school had also established itself as a centre for African Studies. The school hence changed its name to The School of Oriental & African Studies or SOAS as commonly used today.
All Chinese language courses are taught at the Bloomsbury Language Centre where SOAS ensures to make the learning of languages fun, useful and accessible to everyone. Chinese has become one of the most popular languages at the centre, taught by expert tutors whom ensure classes are well mixed to suit all abilities.
There are a variety of short courses on offer at SOAS such as; beginner to advanced evening classes, intensive summer programmes, tailored tuition for small groups/ one to one, HSK Preparation and corporate language training all specialising in either Mandarin or Cantonese.
So, what makes SOAS different?
- SOAS has been making it’s mark in education for over 100 years
- SOAS University of London is the leading Higher Education institution in Europe specialising in the study of Asia, Africa and the Near and Middle East.
- The schools core values include, freedom of speech & tolerance, promoting cultural understanding and promoting equality and celebrating diversity
- As a student you will gain access to over 1.5million items in the SOAS library including a number of digital resources
- Language learning support via the SOAS digital learning platform
The Language Centre is open for walk-in enquiries from Mon - Fri 11am - 6pm.
The Language Centre
Paul Webley Wing, Senate House North Block
Phone:020 7898 4771 / 020 7898 4595
Course Price Range:
Beginner courses start at £309.
Contact SOAS for more details and up to date pricing
blog comments powered by